
( I miss y'all!!)
Ok I know I just wrote a blog about me being very happy to be accepted into UMBC and all that but sometimes I just think about how much fun and how many friends I had at Hampton. I know upon leaving alot of things can be said such as "we'll miss you" and "come visit us" and the excitement that comes to both parties when we are reunited via text message or facebook chat. But, from experience, I know that when people split they tend to go their separate ways. It's really something that can not be helped, it's like having a long distance relationship, the fact that you are never there to witness first hand of whats going on there and your friends miss out on whats going on here. Appointments always have to be made in advance to come together to have fun when some time ago it was easier to just walk down the hallway of a building to see one another.
My main concern is that I do not want to be forgotten. I dont want to be the friend who randomly comes up in a reminiscing session like "remember when Daisha said..." I want sentenses to start off like "Daisha just...". I dont want to hear about whats going on 3 weeks after the fact. I want to know the same day that it happenes like before.
Idk.. I know this is stuff that i really cant do much about as time passes. Personally when I got my new phone a couple weeks ago I didnt transfer at least 20 of the people to my new address book because I knew I would never see them or talk to them again. I just want everyone to know that this is my main concern. I'll just say that UMBC is nothing like Hampton.. (if you know what I mean) nothing can replace my crazy friends there. And as far as me not being a "people person" and a commuter student I feel like I wont have many people to talk to and that saddens me.
