I am so proud of myself because I feel accomplished. I'm doing things that I've never thought I would do before. In January of 2009 I made the decision that I was not going to continue to go to the school that I love, Hampton University and transfer to a school that I knew I would not enjoy too much. I did it for myself and for my family. Hampton was just too expensive and they did not technically have the major that I wanted to concentrate on. At Hampton I was a broadcast journalism major because it was the closest that I could get to my dreams of having a career as a film producer. Everytime I told someone what my major was I always got the "Oh so you wanna be on the news?" question. BEEP NO. I do not wanna chase after stories thats going on right now. I barely even watch the news. But its w/e. I found out that maybe I am just to lazy to even want to produce movies. I made this video with my brother a couple summers ago, it was 8 mins long but it took us ALL DAY to make. So I said forget that, and thought about dreams of being a photographer. I have lots of pictures (esp. of myself, self taken) and I always want more. I found a love to photography, as a result I set out to look for schools (in state) that offered what I wanted. So I looked at the school that my boyfriend goes to, he told me about all the opportunities they had in their visual arts program. So I was convinced, mostly because I wanted to go to school with him Im not gon lie lol. But then I found out that I had to submit a portfolio, the old Daisha would have just said "forget it" but the new Daisha with goals went along with it. I put a little bit of artwork that I've done in the past in there, just some things I did in my free time. Things that I would have never thought to showcase to a school.
So lets just skip ahead in time... I was accepted into the university and accepted into the visual arts program. According to my portfolio score on my personal work (2 out of 5) I have a long way to go as an artist. Overall they gave me a 3 out of 5 so thats kinda average, but I know I am not an average student. I know they do not expect me to come into the school as a highly accomplished photographer but I know I am going to leave that way!
I'm just really proud of myself and I am really looking forward to my future.

